EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY OF LEFKE (EUL)
The European University of Lefke is a non-profit university founded in 1990 by the Cyprus Science Foundation. The philosophy of EUL is “science and education are universal in our age”. EUL provides a broad range of contemporary education and is committed to maintaining international standards of excellence with all its degree programmes, which are accredited and recognised by higher education authorities around the world.
EUL is an international university with a population of more than 5,000 students from 44 different countries and has distinguished and experienced academic staff from around the world. EUL offers 11 Associate, 36 Undergraduate and 17 Master’s Degrees. There are research opportunities provided by 7 PhD programmes. The medium of instruction is English. There are dedicated courses available which are taught in Turkish.
The primary aim of EUL is to be a high quality university which conforms to European and International standards. Its mission is to produce graduates who are equipped to be competent, self-confident, contemporary, creative and independent individuals. EUL alumni can cope with the challenges of global demands and contribute to regional and international development.
The European University of Lefke is accredited by the Higher Education Council of the Republic of Turkey (YÖK), which provides international recognition.
Reasons to Study at EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY OF LEFKE
- Internationally recognised university
- Diverse and strong academic programmes
- Large number of international academic staff
- Low tuition fees, low cost accommodation and cost of living
- Non-profit university which is student and employee friendly
- Small classes and a low student-academic staff ratio
- On / off campus modern accommodation
- Guidance, orientation and consultancy services
- Scholarship and work experience opportunities
- Safe and secure environment
- Warm and friendly atmosphere
- Ideal location and excellent climate
- Great sports facilities on campus
International Accreditations &
- Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK)
- Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation
- and Coordination Council of North Cyprus (YÖDAK)
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- International Universities Council (IUC)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- UK National Academic Recognition Information
- Centre (UKNARIC)
- Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW)